About Me

My photo
I am Dominican! I have two children and I am a very social person just come and ask me!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Bad Boys" or Bad Implementations

The reading "Bad Boys" by Ferguson is an eye-opener for society to learn about the ways teachers treat kids. The "hidden curriculum" is mainly school labeling and excercising of the rules. It's main focus is to mainly seclude and marginalize a group of individuals in this case children. Teachers now a days need to go beyond books and into students lives. Ferguson is issuing a call to all professors to set their priorities to a different level. she is arguing about the power of schools to teach kids. It not only happens in the racial context but it happens with minoroties, ESL students, handicccaped and disabled students. So teachers need to put in perspective their agenda and "step up their level of play." (Aaron Bruce, Director of the Unity Center)

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

Sucha good start. But say more. How do you see Fergeson making this claim in her chapter?

LB