About Me

My photo
I am Dominican! I have two children and I am a very social person just come and ask me!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fanatacizm goes beyond...

“On hollowed Ground”
“This is my hood, my life, my tradition, this is respect.”

It happens every day on Rucker Park in Harlem, NY… These folks are fanatics about what they do. “Basketball Extravaganza”. Unification of brotherhood, integrating hip-hop moves into the game. These players play hard to represent not only their game but also as a way of identity. The fanatics are kids growing up in the surrounding neighborhood and look up to these players, to be like them in the future. It is seen as an eye-opening experience.
These players take fanatics minds to another place. They do not feel afraid of crimes, drugs, violence because “this is home.” “There is nothing ghetto about these projects.” Most of them seek to play overseas but they require an extensive resume and some of these players dropped out of school at a young age.
The NBA only cares to contract these players because their main focus is set on money. But they don’t care about money “street ball is today what the NBA is going to be tomorrow”

“Safety Zone, Continuing Legacy, success, bold talking, for the love of the game, street trash talking, fighting for respect, untouchable, reputation is everything, dignity and pride, brotherhood…” All these words highlight the film of On hollowed Ground.

1 comment:

Dr. Lesley Bogad said...

I love that you are using this space to connect with your brain!! :)